Who am I:
I’m Adrian Georgescu, writer, journalist and blogger. The confidentiality of your personal data is one of my main concerns, as the owner of the site https://www.adriangeorgescu.ro, as a data operator.
This document is intended to inform you about the processing of your personal data, in the context of using the website https://www.adriangeorgescu.ro, hereinafter referred to as the website or the website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect them:
1. If you are a customer of the site, I will process your personal data, such as first and last name, e-mail address, data on how you use the site, for example your behavior / preferences / habits within the site, as well as any other categories of data that you provide directly in the context of user account creation or in any other manner resulting from the use of this site.
If, to create your user account on your site, use your Twitter, WordPress, Facebook or Google+ account, I will process the following public profile data displayed by those applications: username, email address.
2. If you are a visitor to the site, I will process your personal data that you provide directly in the context of using the site, such as the data you provide in the contact / comments section, to the extent who contact us in this way.
The data used: the sending data of the contact form – IP address, user agent, name, e-mail address, website and message – are sent to Akismet for spam verification. The actual submission data is stored in the database of the site on which they were sent and sent directly by e-mail to the owner of the form (ie the author of the site that published the page on which the contact form is located). This email will include the issuer’s IP address, timestamp, name, email address, website and message.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comment forms, as well as the visitor’s IP address and the user agent string in the browser to help us detect spam.
Data used: name, email address and website URL (if provided through the comment form), timestamp and IP address. In addition, an IFrame jetpack.wordpress.com receives the following data: WordPress.com blog ID attached to the site, post ID to which the comment is posted, local commenter’s user ID (if available), name local commenter user number available), commenter site URL (if available), commenter MD5 hash of commenter’s email (if available), and comment content.
Activity tracked: The comment author’s name, email address, and website URL (if provided during comment submission) are stored in cookies.
If you are a client of the site, we will process your personal data, such as first and last name, e-mail address, data on how you use the site, for example your behavior / preferences / habits within site, as well as any other categories of data that you provide directly in the context of user account creation or in any other manner resulting from the use of this site.
If, in order to create your user account on the site, use your WordPress, Facebook or Google account, we will process the following public profile data displayed by the respective applications: username, email address.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images that have embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Website visitors can download and extract all location data from site images.
Content embedded on other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (for example, videos, images, articles, etc.). The content embedded on other websites behaves exactly as if visitors viewed another website.
How long we keep your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are kept indefinitely. So we can automatically recognize and approve all the following comments instead of keeping them in a queue for moderation.
For users (if any) who register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can view, edit or delete their personal information at any time (but cannot change their username). Website administrators can also view and edit this information.
Purposes and grounds for processing
If you are a visitor to the site, I process your personal data as follows:
1. for marketing activities, respectively for the transmission, by means of distance communication (e-mail), of commercial communications regarding the products and services offered by the owner of the site through it.
Basis: The processing of your data for this purpose is based on your consent, if you choose to provide it.
You can express your consent for the processing of data for this purpose by completing and checking the appropriate box in the form for subscribing to the newsletter available on the site. To unsubscribe from receiving such business communications you can use the option at the end of each email containing business communications.
Providing your data for this purpose is voluntary. Refusal to provide consent for the processing of your data for this purpose will have no negative consequences for you.
2. to resolve complaints, complaints and monitor traffic and improve your experience offered on the site.
Theme: The processing of your data for this purpose is based on the legitimate interest of the website owner to ensure the proper functioning of the site, as well as to permanently improve the experience of the site visitors, including by solving various comments, questions or complaints.
Providing your data for this purpose is voluntary. Refusal to provide data for this purpose will have no negative consequences for you.
Disclosure of personal data
In order to fulfill the processing purposes, as a website owner, I may disclose your data to partners, third parties or entities that support me in carrying out the activity through the website (for example courier companies, IT service providers), or to the central / local public authorities, in the following examples, as listed below:
- for site administration;
- in cases where this communication would be necessary for the award of prizes or other facilities to the data subjects, obtained as a result of their participation in various promotional campaigns organized by me through the site;
- for maintaining, personalizing and improving the site and the services performed through it;
- for performing data analysis, testing and research, monitoring usage and activity trends, developing security features and user authentication;
- for the transmission of commercial marketing communications, under the conditions and limits provided by law;
- when the disclosure of personal data is provided by law, etc.
Transfer of personal data
The personal data provided to the website owner can be transferred outside Romania, but only to states in the European Union.
The rights you enjoy
In short, if you have an account or have left comments on this website, you may request that you receive an export file containing the personal data we hold about you, including all the information you have provided to us. You may also ask us to delete all personal data we hold about you. These do not include all the data we are required to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
To exercise these rights, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your request. I will send a confirmation request to the email address from which you made the request, and after confirming your intention. I will execute the requested operations.
Under the conditions provided by the legislation regarding the processing of personal data, as data subjects, you benefit from the following rights:
1. the right to information , respectively the right to receive details on the processing activities carried out by the website owner, as described in this document;
2. the right of access to data , respectively the right to obtain the confirmation from the owner of the website regarding the processing of personal data, as well as details regarding the processing activities such as the way in which the data are processed, the purpose for which the processing is done , the recipients or categories of data recipients, etc;
3. the right to rectification , respectively the right to obtain the correction, without justified delay, by the owner of the website of the inaccurate / unjustified personal data, as well as the completion of incomplete data; The rectification / completion will be communicated to each recipient to whom the data were transmitted, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate efforts.
4. the right to delete the data , without undue delay, (“the right to be forgotten”), if one of the following reasons applies:
- these are no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which they were collected or processed;
- if the consent is withdrawn and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- if the data subject opposes the processing and there are no legitimate reasons to prevail;
- if the personal data have been processed illegally;
- if personal data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- personal data were collected in connection with the provision of information society services in accordance with European Union law or national law under which the operator is located.
It is possible that, following the request for deletion of data, the owner of the website may anonymize these data (lacking such personal character) and continue processing under these conditions for statistical purposes;
5. the right to restrict processing to the extent that:
- the person disputes the accuracy of the data, during a period that allows us to verify the correctness of the data;
- the processing is illegal, and the data subject opposes the deletion of personal data, requesting instead the restriction of their use;
- the operator no longer needs the personal data for the purpose of processing, but the data subject requests them for finding, exercising or defending a right in court; or
- the data subject opposed the processing (other than the direct marketing ones), for the period of time in which it is verified that the legitimate rights of the operator prevail over those of the data subject.
6. the right to data portability , respectively (i) the right to receive personal data in a structured way, commonly used and in an easy-to-read format, and (ii) the right to have this data transmitted by the owner of the website to another data operator, to the extent that the conditions provided by law are fulfilled;
7. the right to opposition – regarding the processing activities it can be exercised by sending a request according to the ones indicated below;
- at any time, for reasons related to the particular situation in which the data subject is located, that the data aimed at it will be processed based on the legitimate interest of the website owner or on the public interest, except where the website owner can demonstrate that it has legitimate and compelling reasons that justify processing and prevail over the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subjects or that the purpose is to establish, exercise or defend a right in court;
- at any time, free of charge and without justification, that the data aimed at it are processed for direct marketing purposes.
8. the right not to be subjected to an automatic individual decision , respectively the right not to be the subject of a decision taken solely on the basis of automatic processing activities, including the creation of profiles, which produce legal effects concerning the data subject or affect him in a way similar to a significant extent;
9. the right to address the National Supervisory Authority for the Processing of Personal Data or the competent courts, as far as you consider necessary.
For any further questions regarding how the personal data are processed and to exercise your rights mentioned above, please contact us at the email address: email@example.com .